There are three tests the first two tests are kind of obvious, but the third test is a new and quantifiable way that we believe you can find a good dentist. The first test is the bragging test; all you gotta do is go on Facebook or ask your peers for recommendations for good dentists in the area. One problem with that test is that many people have a low bar for what a good dentist is, leading us to our second test. The second test is the Yelp test. You take those names you got from your peers, and you look them up on Yelp and only yelp as it is the most reliable review site.
You want to look for a 4.5 or higher Star rating. Anything below fails the test. Five is a pretty easy number to get for a dentist. The third and unconventional test is the care test. It’s to ensure the dentist cares about your teeth instead of just making money.
What you need to do is follow these steps very carefully. Call and speak to the receptionist. Ask her this first question. How long do you schedule for an average regular adult cleaning? She will tell you that it depends on what you need, and then you say, even if it doesn’t apply to us, we would like to know how long you schedule for an average regular adult cleaning. Then you ask them a second question.
On average, you ask them how long the hygienist cleans the patient’s teeth. That’s the answer you need. The first question is just so the receptionist can differentiate between the two on average; in our opinion, you want the hygienist to clean your teeth for at least thirty minutes. Anything above that is even better, but we would say thirty minutes at the bare minimum. And if they are scheduling thirty minutes, they are cleaning way less. In our opinion, a dental office that cares about your teeth as opposed to just making money will spend at least that amount of time cleaning your teeth anything less. They are probably running the rest of the dental office the same way just to get money. In our opinion, this is the best way to find a good dentist’s office if the dentist is a good dentist who focuses on your care.
HOW DO I FIND THE BEST DENTIST NEAR ME?
Finding a new dentist can be daunting if you’re new to the area, your previous dentist retired, or for any other reason. When you’re looking for a new dentist, you’re searching for more than someone to just clean your teeth.
A dental clinic makes you feel comfortable when dropping in for a regular visit and gives you a safe and trusted place to turn for a procedure or dental emergency. Here’s how to find the best dental fit for you and your family.
Regular visits are critical to a healthy smile, so start with the details that work best with your lifestyle and dental care needs. Some things to consider include:
Is the office easy to get to from your home or job?
Do they have convenient office hours?
If you have dental benefits, is this dentist in your network?
Doctor-patient communication is essential. Do you need translation or interpreter services?
Schedule a Consultation or Appointment with the Dentist
Once you’ve found the best dentist to meet your needs, the next step is to schedule a dentist appointment or consultation. While this step isn’t always necessary, it’s a good idea if you’re considering an extensive procedure. For veneers, crowns, or even Invisalign, you’ll be investing a lot of time and money in your dental treatment, so it’s essential not only to be confident in your dentist’s work but also comfortable with them personally.
When meeting with prospective dentists, ask them about their qualifications and experience.
QUALITY AFFORDABLE DENTAL IMPLANTS
Copperhills Family Dentistry specialists provide specialized dental services that help our patients cultivate healthy and happy smiles. We’re happy to provide compassionate care coupled with cutting-edge technology.
Steps to Find the Right Dentist
Here are some helpful hints or steps for defining the right dentist for you or your family:
- Step number one is simply doing your homework and spend a lot of time with this decision because it’s pretty essential that may be on the internet we may be asking friends and family to spend lots of time finding the right person who fits what your idea of a good dentist may be whether it’s the office, the way they keep the office, the way you know they treat you on the phone you know everyone has their personality differences, and that may take a lot of due diligence on your part to find that person.
- Number two: if you’re doing a lot of research on the internet, make sure you just don’t go with the first one you click on; there, in a city like Atlanta or any other big metropolitan area, there are plenty of options. Some of the best ones might not be on the first page so take some time to dive into six to eight dentists and narrow your focus. You’ll learn a lot from their web pages, Google reviews, etc.
- Number three reviews: Reviews are critical, especially the authentic ones, and we say that because you have to be leery of some that don’t look authentic out there, you know bona fide sites like Yelp and Google spend a lot of time filtering through those to make sure that they’re getting the ones that aren’t real or patients that haven’t been visited because unfortunately those can be manipulated, so spend some time looking at what other people’s experience was and read the bad ones as well because sometimes the bad ones are just from something that may not apply to you or maybe someone that just hasn’t been happy across the board. For instance, sometimes you’ll see someone who likes in their Yelp profile. For instance, you’ll see someone that all they’ve done is gone in and everywhere they’ve gone whether it’s a restaurant or a dentist or a doctor or carwash, everything’s been wrong, so you may want to put that kind of movie aside but again just like my other two advice before this one is just take some time and kind of do your due diligence on filtering out you know good reviews from better.
- Number four, check the dentist’s credentials you were seeking. Dentists should spend lots of time with their continuing education after dental school, more so than the state demands. Dentists passionate about their craft are doing, you know, continuing education almost every weekend, so find someone who brags about the fact that you know that they have a lot of continuing education, that they love dentistry and that they love learning more about dentistry.
- Number five: compare prices; the adage is true sometimes you get what you pay for, but once you’ve narrowed the practice down to a couple that you like, it may be worth your while to call up and ask for us a couple of comparison costs so that you can weigh which works out best for you and your family and your insurance.
- Number six looks for new technology in the office. An office usually has the technology and is pretty proud of what they have. They’re investing back into their business, their patient base, and the new dentistry tools and techniques. Hence, in a high-tech office, usually, it means that they are very committed to the advancements of dentistry.
- Number seven: asks for samples of their work. We bet you didn’t know that you could buy clipart and cases online for dentistry, meaning dentists can buy cases that weren’t thirds they could put in a portfolio book. Make sure to ask for that dentist’s work, so if you’re interested in cosmetics, ask for work; if you’re interested in Invisalign, ask to see their before and afters.
- Number eight: interview more than one dentist. If you’re having a procedure done, that’s going to be pretty complex, whether it’s implant dentistry, extractions, cosmetic dentistry, or maybe even Invisalign. It may behoove you to energy more than one dentist because of the personality differences in whether the office is comfortable or not comfortable. As we said, it might be worth your while to spend some time with at least a couple of dentists, if not three.
How to choose a Dental Center
Before considering looking for an excellent dental centre in Newmarket, you must be clear about your required services. And when you consider how regularly you and your family will need to visit the Copperhills Family Dental Clinic, it had better be a place that gives you satisfaction in terms of the quality of service and the friendliness of the staff.
It is advisable to see a dentist every six months, and there is a good reason for this. The reason you want an excellent dental center is not that you will always have dental issues but because you will need to have any potential problems prevented from happening.
Choosing the right dental center and a dentist is as hard as finding the love of your life and marrying.